Moist, delicious chocolate brownie recipe with cheesecake swirls. Serve this fresh from the oven or as a fudgy treat from the fridge!
375 g butter
375 g dark chocolate
225 g plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
250 g caster sugar
250 g soft brown sugar
For the cheesecake swirls:
1 x tub of full fat cream cheese
1 x tablespoon of cornflour
2 x tablespoon of soft brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C and grease and line a 20cm x 30 cm baking tray.
2. Melt the butter and chocolate - either in a bain marie or in the microwave.
3. Beat the eggs and vanilla together and add the caster and soft brown sugar. Stir until smooth.
4. Mix together flour and salt in a large bowl.
5. Combine the egg mix with the flour and chocolate mix. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
6. In a separate bowl, make the cheesecake mix by combining the soft cream cheese, with the cornflour and soft brown sugar. You want the mix to be slightly runny, so you can gently heat it for a minute or two in a pan if it is too thick.
7. Pour the brownie mix into the baking tray. Put dollops of the cheesecake mix on top. Then using a skewer, swirl the cheesecake dollops into the brownie mix. You can make a nice swirly pattern across the top!
8. Put the brownies in the centre of the oven and cook for 30 - 35 minutes.
7. Serve immediately for soft gooey brownies! If you want a fudge like texture you can refrigerate for a few hours.
Tip: Instead of the cheesecake mix, you can sprinkle with nuts or chunks of white chocolate or leave without for a classic brownie.